- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
Lab safety and operations
The Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (DMCBH) takes lab safety and efficient facilities management very seriously, and has protocols in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of researchers and staff and the proper use of our shared equipement. In addition to fostering a safe and healthy working and learning environment, lab and facilities managers at DMCBH assist labs and individuals in meeting their regulatory and due diligence obligations.
For updates and to stay current on lab responsibilities, lab managers are welcome to join monthly DMCBH Safety Committee meetings. The Committee meets at 10:00 a.m. on the first Thursday of every month in DMCBH room 3402C.
Campus safety resources
- Occupational and Research Health and Safety Policy
- UBC Risk Management Services: Health & Safety
- UBC Centralized Accident / Incident Reporting System (CAIRS)
- Emergency and non-emergency contact numbers
For inquiries about conducting research at DMCBH, please contact Chris Crossfield, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For emergency assistance after-hours, please call UBC Hospital Security at 604-827-7225.
For questions about facilities at 2215 Wesbrook Mall, please contact:
Katherine Rhodes, Facilities Manager
Julia Boyle, Laboratory Manager
For questions about facilities in the UBC Hospital Koerner Pavilion at 2211 Wesbrook Mall, please contact:
Melanie Bertrand, Laboratory Manager
- News & Events